LSN HEART HEALTH
UPDATED GUIDE FOR A HEALTHY HEART
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
Chances of heart disease risk can be lowered by a healthy lifestyle
Eat a Healthy Diet- Make healthy food habits like more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, zero fat or low-fat daily products, reduce salt, sugar, avoid saturated fat.
Move more sit less, intense Aerobic activity to be carried out at least 150 minutes a week, along with this muscle strengthening exercise to be carried out twice a week .
Quit smoking – Smoking increases stress on body and heart, smoking lowers heart rate.
Is Cheese is healthy- For Healthy heart individual need to eat more cheese- A group of scientist confirmed French peoples don’t suffer from cardiovascular diseases-because French peoples eats a lot of cheese. So scientists carried research on men between the age of 15 years to middle age with three different food with an equal amount of calories for two weeks at a time. one diet was high in 1.5% milkfat, other one was high in cheese, and the third one butter with no dairy items.
Men on milk and cheese diets excreted higher levels of molecules called short-chain fatty acids which act as an anti-inflammatory and very low amount of molecule called TMAO-which breaks down animal-based foods increases the risk of cardiac diseases.
Mediterranean food is good for Healthy Heart – Mediterrian food reduces the risk of heart attack, stroke, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, obesity, elevated LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol.
A study has found that peoples living in the Mediterranean sea like Greece, Italy, Spain, Turkey, have a lower risk of cardiac diseases. Peoples used to consume a bunch of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, oil, nuts, and seeds.
Mediterranean Diet plan
3+ servings of fruits 3+ servings of vegetables With a small meal
3 servings fish(not fried) 3 servings beans and lentils Weekly – 3 servings fish(not fried) 3 servings beans and lentils
Consume olive and nuts on a daily basis Consume white meat, chicken, and fish
Avoid- Cookies, cake, pastries, pie, candy, junk food, red meat, processed meat, high-fat dairy products.
NATURAL SUPPLEMENTS TO SUPPORT OUR HEART HEALTH
1.Coenzyme Q10- act as a protective layer to heart, our body naturally produces COQ 10 an enzyme regulates blood pressure, Acts as the energy powerhouse of our body. Specifically, Heart disease, brain disorder, diabetes, cancer, lung diseases, headaches impotency is due to deficiency of Coq 10 enzyme Act as antioxidant-detoxifies our body Protects us from heart diseases, diabetes, Increases stamina, vigour vitality.
- Omega-3- unsaturated fatty acids reduce inflammation throughout our bodies. Inflammation damages blood vessels leading to heart attack Omega 3 decreases triglycerides, lowers blood pressure, reduces blood clots, reduces the risk of stroke and heart failure, lowers bad cholesterol. Increases memory, concentration, vision. Act as anti-inflammatory-reduces joint pain as well Omega increases lactation.
3.Astaxanthin-supports heart health, Trout, microalgae, yeast, shrimp and fish creatures contain carotenoid pigment called Astaxanthin Astaxanthin is an antioxidant good for healthy skin, heart, joint pain and increases endurance. Reduces the risk of cancer cells in our body, controls blood pressure. It helps to maintain skin moisture.
4.Garlic - There is a large body of evidence suggesting garlic can support both cholesterol and blood pressure. Garlic low in calorie, contains-Manganese 2%, Vitamin B6-2%, Vitamin C-1%, Selenium-1%, Fiber-0.06%, a small amount of calcium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, iron, Vitamin B1, Vitamin C, 0.2gms protein and 1gms of carb.
600-1500mg of aged garlic extract reduces blood pressure, reduces total and LDL cholesterol, Garlic protects against cell damage and aging, Detoxifies heavy metals in our body.
- L-Arginine – L-Arginine synthesizes Nitric oxide which is a powerful neurotransmitter that helps blood vessels relax and also improves proper circulation. Arginine improves blood flow in the arteries of the heart. L-Arginine helps to treat coronary artery disease, clogged arteries, angina. Helps to treat erectile dysfunction- Erectile dysfunction occurs due to low blood flow to the male organ-L-arginine increases blood circulation and improves sexual function.6.Probiotics - Probiotics are live microbes that, helps to maintain healthier blood pressure, lowers bad cholesterol, brain health. Probiotics also helps to lower Triglycerides, reduces inflammation. Helps to improve digestion, treats diarrohea, Prevents from allergy and eczema.
7.Cinnamon and Honey - Is natural nutrition food contains minerals, vitamins, and essential nutrients help in the maintenance of Good Health Lowers risk heart disease Protects us from skin diseases Boosts immune system Strengthens joints Protects us from stomach disorder and gallbladder infections Cures throat problems Treats cold, flu and cold, throat infections.
- Alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxidant which converts food into energy Helps to maintain insulin level in our body-used in diabetes patients to get rid of burning sensation, numbness in the legs and arms Helps to treat eye-related disorders such as glaucoma, cataracts retina damage.
- Chromium is a mineral that seems to enhance the effects of insulin levels and lower glucose levels. Act as insulin resistance type 2 diabetes Controls cholesterol, reduces depression, helps to build muscles and helps to lose weight. Polycystic ovary syndrome treated with chromium related to insulin resistance. Natural source of chromium is vegetables-Broccoli, potatoes, green peas, whole grain products. Beef, poultry. Fruits- Apple, banana, grape juice, Milk & dairy products.
10.Fenugreek- Fenugreek regulates cholesterol levels and controls blood pressure. Reduces the risk of cancer, diabetes, obesity, heart conditions, bacterial, viral and fungal infections, arthritis, reduces inflammation. Fenugreek contains many nutrients –Choline, inositol, biotin, Vitamin B & D, Iron, Fiber. Fenugreek – increases lactation, act as a testosterone booster, obesity, arthritis.
- lifestyle tips to improve your heart health
1.Reduce intake of salt
Stop adding too much salt in your daily food intake
Consuming too much salt draws water into the bloodstream which results in high blood pressure- in return weakens and damages blood vessels, which makes the heart work harder. Recommended Dosage- 1500 mg/day of sodium dosage for adults.
- Reduce your intake of saturated and trans fats
The main cause for bad cholesterol level in the body is due to intake of Transfat like hydrogenated oil. Transfat increases inflammation as well. Accumulation of Bloodstream plaque is due to overconsumption of saturated fat. To reduce direct negative impact on cardiovascular system completely avoid transfat & Saturated fat.
- Say no to smoking
Smoking increases stress on the heart, smoking lowers heart rate as well Smoking lowers heart rate, a heart attack occurs as soon as 20 minutes after smoking. At the same time smoking weakens the lung
- Make a habit of regular exercise
Regular exercise lowers risks for cardiovascular disease, Exercise helps to control body weight, Physical activity reduces bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol & helps to regulate blood pressure.5. Manage stress: the mind-body connection.
INDOOR PLANT TO IMPROVE OVERALL HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Boston Fern plant purifies the air by removing compounds like Formaldehyde, plastics, cigarette smoke from the air.
Peace Lily – Purifies the air, by breaking the compound like carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, and benzene.
Snake plant absorbs CO2 and converts it into oxygen, Other than carbondioxide snake plant remove other harmful compounds like xylene, toluene and trichloroethylene.
Gerbera plant removes benzene, airborne compounds and produces oxygen at night, Helps helps peoples sleep tight those who were suffering from sleep apnea (breathing repeatedly and starts again).
Spider plant absorbs Formaldehyde, carbon monoxide and other toxic air impurities from the air.
Lavender plant flower has very gentle and pleasant aroma. This pleasant aroma act as stress relieving.